Our commitment to environment
Committed to environment for many years already, we pay a particular attention to the reduce the impact of our activity on environnement. Materials, energy and water savings, detergents are chosen with this preoccupation.
Since October 2011 : Solar energy
Once more precursor in terms of environment friendly approach, the BEST WESTERN Plus Monopole Métropole is the first hotel in Strasbourg to provide its customers with hot water produced by renewable energy.
With the installation of 36 solar panels, the BEST WESTERN Plus Monopole Metropole did one more step to preserve the planet. The calculation that were made and which reflects the latitude, the inclination of the panels (flat on the roof to be invisible from the street) and the average sunshine duration, let expect a contribution from 12 to 70% of the total hot water needed. The 100 m2 of solar panels are directly related to production flasks of hot water.
The additional hot water prodction is achieved through a gas condensing boiler. By changing the boiler in fall 2010, the entire circulation system was redesigned to maximize energy efficiency and facilitate greater condensation.
Our hotel Best Western Plus Monopole Métropole commits to respect and promote following principals : energy savings, water, furniture, garbage, training of the staff and information of the guests :
- Plan a program of constant improvement to evaluate and limit the impact of our activity on environmental and social aspect.
- Evaluate, control and limit as much as possible the water and electricity consumption.
- Promote ecological products with European ecolabel, and products which respect environment from their conception to their use.
- Buy products with the best energetic efficacy.
- Value and develop food products which guarantee a high environmental quality and/or a payment of the right value to the farmers (fair-trade).
- Buy in big quantities to limit the packaging and transport.
- Limit wasting and reduce the quantity of garbage.
- Recycle garbage which are valuables.
- Ensure that the staff is properly informed and trained about « eco » procedures.
- Inform guests on actions leaded in the hotel for environment and energy savings.
- Collaboration and dialogue with all stakeholders to improve and ensure the sustainability of the process.